Preparation for the Chakra Meditation for Beginners
Before you start, decide where you will meditate. It’s extremely beneficial to have an area when practicing this meditation. Find an area that’s free of distractions. You’ll know when you enter this area as you will feel it’s only for the meditation practice. The more you practice chakra meditation, the deeper silence you’ll create within your special place and yourself. This area will be your sanctuary and will begin to draw you in that place of inner tranquility. You can also make an altar by decorating a table. Put a nice material on the table and place special objects and icons that symbolize sacredness. You can have an icon or picture of Buddha, a candle, flowers or whatever you like that will help you practice chakra meditation for beginners. A meditation pillow can also help keep your posture aligned.
Chakra meditation is an excellent way to recharge. It takes between twenty to thirty minutes and you can do it at the comfort of your own home. All you have to do is to know the guidelines, use your imagination and find a quiet place.
- Find a place where you’ll be undisturbed for about 30 minutes.
- Lie down on a mat or rug placed on the floor. You can also sit on a chair if you can meditate in this position.
- If possible, don’t let your pets go inside the room. There is nothing worse than a dog barking or cat nuzzling you in the face while you are in deep meditation.
- There’s a lot of imagining involved in chakra meditation. Don’t be afraid if you cannot see what you are asked. Having troubles imagining a certain chakra means you’re unbalanced in this field. Spend more time and focus on the ones you find hard to imagine.
- If you find it difficult to remember the instructions, you can ask a family member or friend to guide you through the chakra meditation. After a couple of times, you will be able to do it on your own.
- The chakra meditation should last between twenty to thirty minutes. Spend at least three to four minutes on every chakra.
- Enjoy the experience.
Once you complete the meditation, open your eyes then note how you feel. You may or might not see a difference. When you first start to meditate, it takes some time to quiet the mind. Just be patient and continue practicing. You will start to receive the benefits of chakra meditation for beginners if you continue doing it.
If you feel that I’ve missed anything or if there is anything that you want to add please just comment or send me a message. I’m happy to answer any and all questions.